Fatal Stabbing in Southwest Phoenix Leaves One Dead, Another Injured
Two suspects in a stabbing that left one man dead and another injured during a dispute on Saturday night in southwest Phoenix have been identified and taken into custody by police.
Officers reportedly responded to gunfire complaints on Saturday just before 7:30 p.m., according to the police. When officers got to the scene, they discovered a male who had been stabbed many times, close to 63rd Avenue and Lower Buckeye Road.
After being carried to a neighboring fire station, the man received medical attention but was subsequently declared deceased. According to authorities, another man was stabbed but his wounds were not life-threatening. He was taken to a hospital.
Phoenix Stabbing Suspects Identified in Police Investigation
According to police records, witnesses told investigators that there had been a struggle between the victims and other people, and the culprits had last been seen rushing inside a nearby home.
When they located the house, the police ordered the residents to leave. Witnesses told police that, out of all the individuals involved in the altercation, 18-year-old Nicholas Rios was the one who stabbed the victims. Witnesses also recognized Nicole Martinez, 37, who is suspected of stashing Rios’ knife in a nearby parked car.
According to police accounts, Martinez may be charged with tampering with physical evidence, and Rios may be charged with many felonies, including second-degree murder.